Thursday, September 07, 2006

O.K. cubbies tonight (3 & 4 year olds, in a Bible based boy scouts)was not easy. It wasn't bad going through it although I wouldn't call it fun at all. I was wiped out at the end of our club meeting. Really there was only a brief time of scheduled activiy. Which meant that next week I need to be mucho prepaired. I think I am bringing some modeling clay or something I can play with the kids and enjoy as well. Or maybe a game or something, but tonight was tough. I need to remember why I am there. I am one of the first introductions to God that some of these kids will have. Really though it was never easy, I wouldn't say it was hard, just tiring. So, next week I will bring water, so that when I start getting hoarse I can down some fluids. I want to be excited to go, like my kids. They were so excited for Awana to start. In case you're wondering, Awans stands for Approved Workman Are NOt Ashamed, from 2 Tim 2:15. Anyways, enough complaints. I want to stay focused, even if I am slightly when I don' t know, maybe, no really I don't know what my deal is, but I don't want to get involved.

On a lighter note, Victoria ate her first school hot lunch today, which set us back a wwhole $1.40. She was so excited to tell us about it. She was not excited to tell us about how she sat through gym class today. She said she didn't even get picked once, to get up and move a little bit. She said I think Sierra (another girl that didn't get picked, one of her best friends )and I are too little. It just sucks that they only have an 8 minute break before they eat lunch, and then they have to stay indoor for gym. She had been so excited about playing soccer. I guess there's always next week.;)

2 Comments:

At 3:03 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

FYI: we used your brownie from scratch recipe last night. MMMMMM. tasted incredible with african coffee...oops, getting crumbs on the keyboard

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Sara said...

You are awesome doing Awanas and everything else you do for those little ones of Gods children.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home